Saturday, March 19, 2011

30 weeks!?


So a lot has happened since I last posted. For one, Ben and I are now a married couple. We had a lovely ceremony to celebrate on February 26, 2011. I could not have asked for a better day to have with friends and family. Ben and I chose a small chapel outside of Indianapolis that was also equipped with a lovely reception area downstairs. Many times throughout the wedding week, we felt like we had forgotten something because it just seemed too easy. Our wedding morning looked something like this: Our friends from Wisconsin kept Ben company at our Indianapolis apartment playing Trivial Pursuit, while I hung out with my family at their hotel down the street. My wonderful friends, Valerie, Crystal, and Megan, kept me company. Megan, as I have appropriately called the Magician, fixed my hair for the wedding. Valerie, still in search of a nickname, took all of the wonderful photographs of our wedding. 


                               


We had a guest list that included 60 of our closest family and friends. The ceremony was very special to us for a lot of reasons. Ben and I wrote our vows, chose to take the Buddhist Precepts on our wedding day together, and maybe my favorite part, was the blessing of our family. The minister took the time to have our families bless the 3 of us, and I could barely hold a straight face. It was that moment that hit me that Ben and I are very LUCKY. Our lives in the last few years have been challenging to say the least, but it was in that moment, holding hands with my husband while carrying our child, that I was overcome with gratefulness.

After the ceremony, we asked guests to meet us downstairs. There we created a relaxed scene full of fresh flowers and candles. We enjoyed spending time with everyone, the wonderful art of a 60 person guest list. After eating, Ben and I were able to take our time and talk to everyone there. Soon after that, Ben stood up with his guitar and played a song for his new bride, "The Wedding Song.” He is so talented, that man.

Somewhere between his touching song and the end of the night, many guests volunteered to come up and play with my husband. To say that they are talented is an understatement. You can feel the passion from every note played, and it is a blessing to just hear them. I truly enjoyed when Ben’s mom stood up and played the violin with them. <3

When the night came to a close, Ben and I embarked on our new adventure as husband and wife. One of our gifts from Ben’s family was a night’s stay at the Embassy Suites. We had the top floor, a large suite, a gift basket of snacks, chocolate, and sparkling grape juice; we had a great evening. This was part of our suite the morning after. It had an excellent view of Indianapolis.




__________________________________________________________________________________


Our first big purchase since the wedding was a new car! As Ben would say, “I guess this means we are really married.” Ben is a subscriber for Consumer Reports, and they rave about the Honda Fit. The size, safety, handling, and space available is exactly what we need with a baby on the way. WE LOVE THE CAR, and I suggest it to anyone that is buying a mid-size car anytime soon.

The interior


__________________________________________________________________________________

 In other news, my stomach is getting huge, and I think it is because of this little person…




Although, I must admit, when I see this little face, I get soo so excited about meeting them! The heartburn, stomach aches, leg cramps, and lack of sleep are so much more bearable when I see this little Kilbarger in the making. I look forward to biting their little cheeks and hearing their very first whole-hearted giggle.

We are officially at 30 weeks this week! It’s amazing how much time has passed since we first started telling everyone our news. Only a few more weeks left, and then Ben and I will begin our new adventure as co-parents, co-teachers.

Boy am I beginning to feel pregnant. It’s hard to put on socks, get out of the bath tub, and for that matter, get off of the couch. I’m having the need to nap almost every day now, probably from my lack of sleep at night. Every day my stomach is getting tighter and tighter, and I am hoping that something gives soon.  I can no longer stretch for things above my head (as i don’t have the extra abdomen skin to conquer such a maneuver.

Our first baby shower is next weekend in Cincinnati. Then, Ben and I are flying to Naples, FL to enjoy a relaxing honeymoon over our spring break. Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment