Monday, January 24, 2011

Moving!

After the proposal, Ben and I came back to his Madison apartment, changed our fb status (naturally), and then took a nap. For the next several days we packed, and packed, and packed some more. Our friends Nick and Chase came over to help Ben pack all the boxes into the moving truck.

The following day, Ben drove the moving truck, while Chase and I drove "white lightning"(Ben's appropriately named vehicle). Of course it was not as simple as that: the moving truck that Ben had to tirelessly attain from Budget now had a broken windshield wiper. As you can imagine, this hinders your driving ability quite a bit when you have snow and road salt barreling at you. We pulled over to a rest stop in Wisconsin, and Ben quickly made friends with about 10 truck drivers (he's a charming one), in hopes of finding a wrench so that he could (very manly mind you) fix the broken wiper.

After 20 minutes or so, SHAZAM it was fixed! Handy man indeed.

4 hours later we ends up at a Frisch's Big Boy right outside of Indiana. It's by far the worst "food" that I've ever eaten in my life. Warm things were cold, cold things were warm... ulg. However, our University of Wisconsin division 1 athlete, Chase, found everything very delectable. I gladly "shared" my "food" with him. As in he ate 90% of it. He's a growing boy.

Once arriving in Indy, we relaxed. We slept. It had been 5 days since I'd seen my bed, and this time I got to share it with a boy, tee hee.

The next morning, the manly men unloaded that stuffed moving truck, as I completed my last minute Christmas shopping (this was December 24th). Please note  *last minute means all of my shopping in this specific case.

We then loaded up into White Lightning and dashed to Ben's folks' place in Cincinnati. We spent 1 day there, said goodbye to our Division One athlete, and headed west to lovely Tell City to see my family. By the time we got there, Ben and I were feeling the ran down feeling of, "where is my bed? where is my home?" It was a great time to see all of my family, but I'm also disappointed that I felt soooo tired, and out of sorts.

We spent a couple days in TC, and then we headed back to our home. This is what it looked like for a week or so. :-)
Unpacking, hard.

I'm hiding. Where's Lacey?

Ben journaling.
Ben had no counter space in the kitchen, so this is where he prepared our delicious black bean soup.
Unpacking, like a champion.

But no worries folks! It looks awfully snazzy these days. Pictures to come.

1 comment: