Monday, December 13, 2010

Something's Gonna Happen

Baby Daddy Travels

I was intending to drive to Chicago this weekend to meet up with my love, Benjamin. However, this weekend's weather caused my "Baby Mama Red Flag Alert," to go off. Friday afternoon, Ben and I texted back and forth about canceling our Chicago weekend, until Ben suggested that he would just drive to Indy.

Against our better judgment, we both agreed that this was a great idea. Granted, the weekend was excellent, I'd much rather us be safe rather than sorry. Ben's drive to Indy was easy compared to his trip back. He had a near-death experience. See here: http://benkilbarger.blogspot.com/2010/12/unbearable-whiteness-of-being.html.
I'm so glad you're home safe and sound.

Weekend Holla!

Our weekend in Indy was full of lots of love and watermelon. That's right, watermelon. A new craving. During our meditation/sitting, for approximately 20 minutes my mind was hijacked by the lush fantasy of juicy, rich watermelon. After our sitting, we went to the nearest grocery, wal-mart (gag) and bought two watermelons. I would like you to visualize how I carried the watermelons, so that they didn't look like, well, you know, melons. Ben was carrying our new Egyptian Mattress Pad. Egyptian > or < regular cotton mattress pad? We didn't know, but we agreed that the lady on the front of the considerably more expensive Egyptian Mattress Pad was way hotter and looked more rested than the crappy advertisement on that regular cotton pad. Saturday was very fulfilling with our melon and mattress pad purchases.

Gosh, that watermelon was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. When we got home, I immediately chopped one in half, grabbed a spoon, and ate the entire half.

Also, in food news. Waffle House is effing delicious. I've never had it until a few weeks ago due to Ben's suggestion. The first waffle house seemed really greasy, and loud, but there is an EXCELLENT waffle house off of Pendleton Pike and 465 (fellow Indy-ans). I'm sold, and a believer.

While there, I read a great article about renting Christmas trees. Apparently, you pay a due and just return the tree after your family celebrates the holiday season. The trees are still potted and otherwise, look the same as any tree you can have chopped. Next year, Ben and I (plus baby) will be tree-renters. It just makes sense.

Moving Right Along

Long distance relationship sucks. Long-distance and pregnant = way worse. We, for the entire length of our relationship have only been away from each other 2 weeks at most. We've always had seeing each other in person set as a top priority. Seeing each other so often (plus our nightly skype date) has proved to be a life preserver for me at times. It's amazing what a hug can do.

Ben and I only have a week until we move him from Madison, Wisconsin, into my humble abode that is located in northern Indianapolis. It will be such a lovely day to switch from mechanically saying mine to saying ours. I greatly look forward to sharing my comfort zone and living space with my love. And man, it will be so great to not have to hug goodbye so often. 

Oh, Baby!

I've been super congested for 3 weeks. Apparently it's a pregnancy symptom. A way better pregnancy symptom than nausea, that's for sure! I felt the baby move again last night. It's my second "movement" experience. I look forward to them becoming more frequent. We are 16 weeks today. The baby is approximately 7 inches long, and I imagine them looking like their daddy. I hope that they are happy, healthy, and serene. I cannot wait to teach them and show them what love is, as we understand it.

Check out this awesome video to see what's happening inside my uterus. I know you do. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. as i told you in walmart, darlene, i'll carry your melons for you any time, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you darling girl....I am so sad to hear that you only just found waffle house...but happy that you now know its greatness. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this baby bump photo! You are going to be such a beautiful pregnant woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben: Jethro, you always know how to treat a woman. Hold my cigarettes.

    Susan: I've apparently been living under a rock. Their waffles are ridiculously amazing.

    Amanda: You are so sweet! I sure hope I am. Right now, I just feel like I'm in the weird stage of where people don't know whether I'm pregnant or just ate too much. So I hope that once I get a bigger belly, that everything else stays intact. haha! We shall see. I miss you, girl.

    ReplyDelete