Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Knitting A Baby Together!!


I told you that I would have more to say one day. That day has come, as Ben and I have finally decided to share our wonderful news!

We are pregnant!

It was unexpected, however, welcomed. I've never felt so crazy, happy, terrified, excited, anxious, loving, nervous, careful, in all of my life. I would not trade it for the world. The idea of building a person with my love is indescribable. This experience has taught me a lot, and it's only be 13 weeks.

So far, or mainly:
1.) Life is unexpected. It does not matter how much I plan, and set my life up for that plan; I have no control of the big picture. For the last 3 years, life has slapped me around quite a bit. As soon as I have felt like I have gotten my feet on the ground, something happens to send it in a tail spin. I have embraced that I don't have control, and have heeded the message loud and clear.

2.) Ben is a blessing to my life. For those of you that don't know, Ben helped me 75% of the way out of the pain of my divorce. From the moment that I met him, he has been my best friend and able to be my partner in life unlike anyone I've met.

You may be wondering....
How Did We Find Out?

Considering that Ben lives in Wisconsin, and I in Indianapolis, Ben and I live on skype. This night was no different. On September 19, I nervously broke the news to Ben that I was a few days late.  I knew something was up because my body is like clockwork with everything. Ben's reaction was, "Don't worry babe, just go to CVS, get a few tests, and meet me back here  (on skype) in 20. We'll take them tonight."
...
I return with the tests, call Ben, and here we are anxiously awaiting the beginning of "testing" to see if we're pregnant. I had to read the directions (as it was my first time to take a test), and then we were off. Ben waited on the computer screen while I completed the tests. The pregnancy test requires you to wait a bit of time, so I rejoined Ben and we waited together.

After one minute, I returned to the bathroom, saw 2 positives, 0 negatives! I instantly screamed, then began sobbing, and doubled over on the floor. I do want to remind you that we were not planning for a baby, which explains my sheer panic. After a minute, Ben called for me from the computer. I delivered the news and have never seen a man smile as soulfilled as he did.

We were pregnant. Pregnant with our first child. Ben and I had discussed raising a family together quite a few times before our news, but not quite so soon. Ben has put it like this, "We've always planned to have these adventures together, but we are just doing them in a different order." I like this philosophy.

(All days after September 19 will be continued soon...)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you're blogging, Lacey my love! My chest gets tight when I read and think about that night. Gosh, what a moment in our lives. I will never, ever forget.

    All best to you with writing! May it bring you happiness and serenity.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again! I am so happy for you...and relieved that you guys have received such a miracle- that you won't have to experience the heartache of losing a baby and the heartache of difficulty conceiving that we've been through and continue to go through. Seriously, please realize what a miracle it is to those of us who have been through more negative pregnancy tests than we can even begin to count. The notion that your first pregnancy test ever taken could be positive is unbelievable...unfathomable to me! This baby is SUCH a gift...I know you both know that. Very happy and excited for you. Take care of yourself and the babe and keep me posted on details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benjamin: Thank you for supporting me in a loving way, I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth Ann: Thank you very much for your kind words. I am sorry for the heartache that you and Shon have felt in recent months. Life is unpredicatable, and complicated; downright unfair. I wish everyone had an oppurtunity to do what their heart desires, and it is unfair (understatement) that have had to undergo such a challenge. You and Shon are strong, and I have faith that a solution to your pain is on it's way. I'd still love to meet up soon. <3

    ReplyDelete